Miquel Fluxà and Gabriel Escarrer are the two Mallorcan people on the list of the richest people in the world published by Forbes magazine. The two businessmen are part of the total of 29 Spanish billionaires that appear on the list that includes the 2,755 people with the most wealth in the world in 2021. Without surprise, Amancio Ortega is the first Spanish to appear on this list, specifically in position number 11 in the world and second in Europe. His daughter, Sandra Ortega, is also the first Spaniard on the list of national fortunes.
Spaniards on the Forbes 2021 list
As published by Forbes, the rich in Spain agglutinate 137 billion dollars compared to 97.1 billion in 2020. Amancio Ortega, highlights the publication, is 21.9 billion dollars richer than last year. From Gabriel Escarrer, Forbes recalls that he founded Meliá Hotels International with a 60-room hotel when he was 21 years old, today becoming one of the largest hotel chains in the world. Regarding Fluxà, the magazine highlights his position as executive president of Grupo Iberostar, one of the largest hotel companies at a global level. These are the Spaniards who top the Forbes 2021 list:
- 1 Amancio Ortega (position 11th worldwide). $77.000 millones. 85 years old. Zara.
- 2 Sandra Ortega (344). $7.300 millones. 52. Zara.
- 3 Juan Roig (680). $4.200 millones. 71. Mercadona.
- 4 Rafael Del Pino (752). $3.900 millones. 62. Ferrovial.
- 5 Juan Abelló (1064). $2.900 millones. 79. Inversor.
- 15 Miquel Fluxà Rosselló (1931). $1.6 B. 82. Iberostar.
- 24 Gabriel Escarrer (2378). $1.2 B. 86. Meliá.
The richest in the world
On the top 10 of the richest people in the world, Jeff Bezos is one more year in the first position and Elon Musk rises strongly to second place. The following people head the list:
- 1 Jeff Bezos: $177.000 millions. 57 years old. EE UU. Amazon.
- 2 Elon Musk: $151.000. 49. EE UU. Tesla y Space X.
- 3 Bernard Arnault (and family): $150.000. 72. France. LVMH.
- 4 Bill Gates: $124.000. 65. EE UU. Microsoft.
- 5 Mark Zuckerberg: $97.000. 36. EE UU. Facebook.