A total of 25 beaches in Mallorca will show the blue flag this season, a badge that is awarded for guaranteeing criteria of information and environmental education, water quality, environmental management and safety and services. The project developed by the Association for Environmental and Consumer Education (ADEAC) promotes the sustainable development of the coastlines, establishing high standards in these criteria to grant blue flag recognition on the beaches.
Santanyí is the municipality that gets the most blue flags from the total number of recognized beaches in Mallorca:
- Andratx: Sant Elm.
- Felanitx: Cala Ferrera, Cala Marçal, Cala Sa Nau, Porto Colom (Platja S’Arenal).
- Muro: Muro.
- Palma: Cala Estància, Cala Major, Playa de Palma (El Arenal).
- Pollença: Cala Barques, Cala Molins, Formentor.
- Sant Llorenç des Cardassar: Cala Millor (Cala Nau), Sa Coma.
- Santa Margalida: Can Picafort, Son Bauló, Son Serra.
- Santanyí: Cala Gran, Cala Llombards, Cala Mondragó (Sa Font de n’Alís), Cala Santanyí, S’Amarador.
- Ses Salines: Es Dolç (Es Port).
- Son Servera: Cala Millor, Es Ribell.
In addition, the Blue Flag program also awards this distinctive to marinas. In Mallorca, 11 ports have received the blue flag this season.
- Alcudia Mar Puerto Turístico Deportivo
- C.N S’Arenal (Llucmajor)
- Club de Vela Port d’Andratx
- Marina Palma Cuarentena (Palma)
- Marina Port de Mallorca (Palma)
- Port Colònia Sant Jordi (Ses Salines)
- Port de Cala Bona (Son Servera)
- Port de Cala Figuera (Santanyí)
- Port de Cala Ratjada (Capdepera)
- Port de Sóller
- R.C.N. de Palma
This year, the criteria to distinguish the blue flag beaches and marinas have had to be adapted to the regulations that emerged from Covid-19. Measures that go through reporting on the panels of any additional measure that is implemented due to the new situation, greater disinfection and social distance. Thus, both city councils and award-winning marinas are obliged to inform users of any safety and hygiene regulations implemented to prevent infections.