The 2022 Palma Jazz Festival will kick off on February 4 at the Xesc Forteza Theatre. The inauguration of the classic Ciutat musical event will begin its programming with Gianluca Petrella and Pasquale Mirra. Both will be accompanied by the Malian percussionist Kalifa Kone, guest on this first day. Israeli saxophonist Eli Degibri was originally supposed to open the festival, but he has been forced to cancel his performance due to COVID-19.
In the presentation of this third Jazz Palma Festival, the Councilor for Culture, Antoni Noguera, advanced that the 2022 edition will feature some of the leading figures in state, international, but also island jazz. In this way, the festival intends to place Palma back on the jazz scene. This year, it will have parallel activities and small concerts in different neighborhoods during the weekends.
Concerts at the Palma Jazz Festival 2022
- Friday 4, 20:00: Gianluca Petrella and Pasquale Mirra, “Correspondence”. Teatro Municipal Xesc Forteza.
- Saturday 5, 20:00: Moisés P. Sánchez Project, “There’s Always Madness”. Teatro Municipal Xesc Forteza.
- Sunday 6, 19:00: Maria Toro, “Fume”. Teatro Municipal Xesc Forteza.
- Monday 7, 20:00: Joan Barbé Group, “Quorum”. Teatro Municipal Xesc Forteza.
- Tuesday 8, 20:00: Tribute to Pier Paolo Pasolini, “Le Nuvole di Pier Paolo”. Teatro Municipal Xesc Forteza.
- Wednesday 9, 20:00: Irene Reig Trio, “Mira”. Teatro Municipal Xesc Forteza.
- Thursday 10, 20:00: Tribute concert: “SPAIN a symphonic tribute to Chick Corea”. Palacio de Congresos.
- Friday 11, 20:00: Ariel Brínguez and Iván “Melon” Lewis, “Alma en Cuba”. Teatro Municipal Xesc Forteza.
- Saturday 12, 20:00: Marco Mezquida, “Piano solo”. Teatro Municipal Xesc Forteza.
- Sunday 13, 19:00: Gonzalo del Val Trio, “Cancionero”. Teatro Municipal Xesc Forteza.
- Friday 4, 18:00: Pasacalle con Swing Engine. Plaza de España.
- Saturday 5, 12:00: Ester Andújar and SimfoVents Palma, “Jazz Standars”. Plaza Mayor.
- Saturday 12, 12:00: Talk-concert: “Jazz y novela negra”. Pasaje Juan XXIII (Els Geranis).
- Sunday 6, 12:00: The Gentelmen Jacks. Parque de las Fuentes.
- Sunday 13, 12:00: Andreu Galmés Trio. Parque Krekovic.
Dones & Jazz
The programming of the Festival Jazz Palma 2022 continues to bet on the Mujeres&Jazz cycle in Can Balaguer from February 7 to 9 at 6:00 p.m. A proposal that places several women as headliners to make their work visible in the field of musical creation.
- Monday 7: Jazz Pretenders Feat Marian Barahona.
- Tuesday 8: Carme Canela y Jurandir Santana, “Celebrating La Fusa”.
- Wednesday 9: Cristina Villalonga y Albert Bover, “Nus”.
Tickets for the Jazz Festival Palma 2022
Tickets for the Festival Jazz Palma 2022 can be purchased in advance on the website www.palmacultura.cat. For the concerts at the Xesc Forteza Municipal Theater, they can be purchased at the Mar i Terra Municipal Theater from Tuesday to Friday, from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. And at the box office, starting one hour before each concert. For the concert at the Palacio de Congresos, the box office will open two hours before.
The price of the concerts varies and there are also different subscriptions. Those at the Xesc Forteza Municipal Theater cost 12 euros in advance, 15 euros at the box office and the full subscription (purchasable only until January 31), 85 euros. For its part, the concert at the Palacio de Congresos will cost between 20 and 25 euros. All complementary activities will be free until full capacity.